1. I figured out another reason I was down--I was experiencing CW: Comment Withdrawal. I was wondering why no one ever commented on my blog anymore . . . it was my own darn fault. After I got my first spam comment, I changed my settings so I could moderate comments. But I didn't realize I would receive no email notifications, and no comments would be published until I OK'd them. They were just languishing in my queue, waiting for me to check my blog, which I was not checking, because no one was commenting, because I wasn't allowing them to, and I was considering offing my blogself. Ahh, stupidity. I'm with you now, blogger.com. I get it!
2. I'm not going to name any names (E-m-i-l-y, again), but some people remind me from time to time how LLLLLOOOOOOOONNNNNNNNGGGGGGGGGG my posts can get. It's true. I know! "Pithy" may not be the very first word one would choose to describe my blog. This is one of the main reasons I did not blog for years. My writing training consists mostly of the essay-style, analytical kind, which lent itself well to my masters thesis but does not lend itself to brevity. As brevity is the soul of wit, this is probably the reason I am not funny. So, I waffle between arguing to myself that not all blogs must fit the same mold, to thinking I should quit blogging all together, to arguing (to myself again) that if people don't have time they should just read in installments, or not read at all.
3. It's the photo thing again--need to post photos! Neeed tooo ppooosssttt ppphhhootttoosss! Emily, the same as above, still offers to post them for me, even though she still refuses my offer to install her ceiling fan. Can't imagine why.
Reasons to Feel Good About My Blog:
1. I have a follower in England! OK, so she may be related to me, but it still makes me feel quite the sophisticate. Thanks, S.
*correction: TWO followers in England! Who are both related to me, and who are both named 'S.' I forgot to count my sister, as I require her to follow my blog or risk losing her American supplier of Hot Tamales.
2. Everyone keeps thanking me for my "honesty" and "frankness." This is a bit alarming when I think I'm just being myself, and that I'm actually censoring plenty, but I'll take it!