Thursday, March 17, 2011

Welcome to the World, Baby Cy





Having grown in several different ways, our family was finally completed last Friday, March 11, with the birth of this beautiful baby boy, Cyrus Rex, weighing in at a mere 5 lbs 9 oz. Cy was officially adopted Saturday. We felt there was one last little boy out there for us, and we're so grateful finally to have him. His birthmom is a woman of great courage, love, conviction, belief in God, and selfless love for this baby boy. We will always make sure Cyrus knows how much she loves him, and how courageously she faced this heart-wrenching moment in her life. Words can't express our gratitude.

****
As I am a word person and our choice of names always surprises people, I might as well explain this one. We felt Cyrus would be the final little "King" needed to crown our family. Thus he is named for the great King Cyrus of the Bible, who was most famous for integrating different peoples peacefully. His middle name is the latin "Rex," for King, used for all the kings of England--"William Rex," "Henry Rex," etc., which I have loved ever since we lived there.

You can view a slideshow of Cyrus at http://bellababyphotography.com. Password: 0311cyrusswensen

11 comments:

Unknown said...

So happy for you Emily and inspired by your vision in naming this baby boy. You are tremendous. Hope life with 5 is happy chaos just as it should be! Love you!

Emily said...

He is so beautiful. Seeing your children all together made me smile and the photo video is so beautiful it made me cry. Love the name!!!

Charlotte said...

Oh Emily and fam--a big huge congrats! What a beautiful little guy, and the pictures of all of your kids (minus Charles) gave me chills. Love and congratulations again and again!

amydear said...

Looking at this photo of your children gives me goosebumps and makes me a little teary-eyed. They are all so beautiful. I'm sure you'll have lots of help with the baby! I admire your courage in gathering more children into your family after having to let Charles go so young.

Leslie said...

Emily, we had no idea you were considering another adoption! CONGRATULATIONS! Words can't say enough, we love your family and are so happy for this glorious moment! I love the explanation for your choice in name...how appropriate.

Kristin said...

Congratulations! He's darling.

sallybeadle.ab@ision.co.uk said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Clyda and John said...

Congrats!! That is so awesome. What a little beautiful family you have. And I am with you. Birth mothers are amazing people.

Brooke said...

I love this photo shoot you had done at the hospital. I'm in awe how little he is. I've forgotten how small they can come. It's great to know that your family is now complete! Congratulations.

Melissa said...

Fantastic news Em.
I'm glad everything finally worked out for you guys.
Love the name and the explanation makes it that much better.
I can't see the pic's I need a password...........oh well.
I'm sure he's just as cute in the photoshoot.
Can't wait to see him in person.
Good luck.

The Littlest Moons said...

I didn't know you were adopting again either! I am so happy for you. He is so beautiful. You have such a darling family. I was thinking of you this week because we went to Corum's Field and I am so glad I decided to check out your blog again. Seriously Congrats. What a sweetie.